Last updated 4 April 2018
1. What is ECONOCOM’s business?
ECONOCOM is part of an international group whose ultimate parent entity is based in France. Our goal is to provide innovative, efficient, digital solutions focused on the needs of our customers. You can find out more about ECONOCOM in the “About Us” section of our Website.
2. What data does ECONOCOM collect and what does it use it for?
ECONOCOM collects your personal data directly through the channels and for the purposes indicated below:
- Collection point: Contact forms (on the Website, when participating in an event organized by ECONOCOM, etc.). Commercial contracts with any of the companies that are part of ECONOCOM.
- Types of personal data: Contact details (full name, telephone number, e-mail address, company and position). Other information regarding the nature and content of the query. Contact details (full name, VAT number, telephone number, e-mail address, company and position). IP address, type of device, unique identification number of the device, type of browser, geographical location, etc.
- Purpose of processing the data: Purpose of processing the data: To answer your questions and/or requests for information. To send you information about ECONOCOM’s initiatives, products and services by various means (including electronically). To execute a contract to which you are a party, or to apply pre-contractual measures at your request. To remember your preferences as a user (region, language, etc.). To analyse the browsing habits of users on our Website and compile usage statistics. To manage the Website security.
In addition, we may from time to time receive personal data about you from third parties (mainly partners who organise events sponsored by ECONOCOM). In such an event, we will only process your information when we are sure that (i) you have given your consent to such third parties, or (ii) they are legally obliged or entitled to communicate your personal data to us.
The information we receive from third parties includes contact details (full name, company, position, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) and we process it for the purposes of maintaining the accuracy of the records we keep about you, as well as to offer you ECONOCOM products and services tailored to your needs.
3. With whom does ECONOCOM share my personal data?
We may disclose your personal information to the following types of recipients:
- Courts and tribunals, supervisory bodies, law enforcement agencies and other competent public administrations, when we believe that the communication of your data is necessary to (i) fulfil a legal obligation of ECONOCOM, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your own vital interests or those of another person.
- Third-party companies (including their representatives and advisors), in the context of a purchase, merger, acquisition or other operations involving company structural changes or contribution or transfer of business or branch of business activity. In such an event, ECONOCOM will communicate your data only to the extent that such transfer is necessary for the successful completion of the operation and guarantees, where appropriate, continuity in the provision of services.
- Any other person, provided that you have previously consented to such communication.
4. What is the legal basis used by ECONOCOM to process your personal data?
ECONOCOM will only collect and process your personal data when:
- It is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party or for the application, at your request, of pre-contractual measures.
- It is necessary to satisfy a legitimate interest related to the management and administration of the Website, in particular for the purposes of responding to your inquiries, carrying out direct marketing activities, communicating your data to other Econocom Group companies for internal administrative purposes, hosting and maintaining the Website, preventing and detecting fraud or other crimes, as well as ensuring the security of our networks and information. In all the cases mentioned above, your data will be processed only to the extent that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not prevail over ECONOCOM’s legitimate interest.
- We have your consent to process your data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. In such an event, ECONOCOM will provide you, prior to the request for such consent, with all the necessary information about the data to be collected, as well as the purpose and extent of the processing. You may, at any time, revoke such consent without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent and prior to its withdrawal.
- It is necessary for the fulfilment of any legal obligations that apply to ECONOCOM.
ECONOCOM will explain clearly and at the appropriate time whether or not it is mandatory for you to provide us with the information requested, as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your data.
Similarly, if we collect and process your personal data based on ECONOCOM’s (or any third party’s) legitimate interests, we will make it clear to you at the appropriate time what those legitimate interests are.
In addition, if you have any questions or need more information about the legal basis from which we collect and use your personal data, you can contact us through any of the channels indicated at the end of this Policy.
5. How does ECONOCOM protect my personal data?
ECONOCOM has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
6. International data transfers
ECONOCOM does not make general international data transfers. Our servers as well as our third-party service providers and other partners are located and operate within the European Economic Area.
7. How long will we keep your data?
ECONOCOM will keep your personal data until the purposes described above (Section 1.2) are fulfilled and for as long as it is legally required. As a general rule, this period shall not exceed the duration of the contractual relationship plus 5 years after its termination. In the case of processing for advertising and marketing purposes, we will process your data as long as you do not request the activity to cease.
Once these periods have elapsed, your data will be deleted.
8. What rights do you have regarding the processing of your data by ECONOCOM?
You have the following rights regarding the protection of your personal data:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request the deletion of your personal data, you may do so at any time by contacting us through the contact channels indicated in the section “How to contact”.
- In addition, you may object to the processing of your information, ask us to limit such processing or request the portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us through the contact channels indicated in the section “How to contact”.
- In particular, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time from the commercial communications we send you, as well as from other advertising actions such as postal or telephone marketing. In order to exercise this right, you may contact us through the contact channels indicated in the section “How to contact”.
- Similarly, for any processing based on your consent, you may revoke such consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out by us prior to its revocation, nor shall it affect the lawfulness of data processing carried out on the basis of other legitimate grounds (e.g. for the performance of a contract or the fulfilment of ECONOCOM’s legal obligations).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority concerning the processing of your data by ECONOCOM. In the case of Spain, the national supervisory authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency, whose contact details are as follows: Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, C/ Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 – Madrid, 901 100 099 – 912 663 517
ECONOCOM will respond to all queries received from parties concerned who wish to exercise their rights in accordance with current legislation on data protection.
10. How to contact
If you would like to ask us a question or request clarification on how we use your personal data, you can contact ECONOCOM using the following details: 91 411 91 20.
The party responsible for processing your personal data resulting from your enquiries is Econocom, S.A., whose tax identification number is A78017282 and registered offices are at Calle Cardenal Marcelo Spínola 4, 28016 Madrid (Spain).